<P>New Jersey prospect Jeff Zuttah has four down and one to go. Zuttah visited Notre Dame last…
The Dec. 13 Official Visit Weekend
(2) Michigan commitment All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul (2002 Michigan camp visitor, MSU Nike stats: 6-4, 255 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He attended the Sept. 28 U-M-Illinois game - at Illinois - and committed to Michigan the next day. He is TheInsiders' #36 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(3) Michigan commitment All-American Linebacker Jim Presley (2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 215 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.06 in the shuttle; 30.3 inch vertical jump, 18 bench press reps of 185 lbs. ... 10.8 100 meters, 375-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/19 ACT) from , Highland, Mich., Milford High. For the season for 8-2 Milford, Presley had 88 tackles, 16 sacks and 10 tackles for loss; on offense he had 1,264 yards rushing (7.5 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns He is TheInsiders.com's #92 prospect.
(4) All-American offensive lineman Jeff Zuttah (6-4 1/2, 280 lbs., 4.95 in the 40, 390 lb. bench press) from The Hun School, Princeton, New Jersey. This is his last visit -- he has also visited Florida State (Nov. 16), Penn State November 23, Boston College November 30, and Notre Dame December 6. And he tells us he will enroll in college in January. He is Tom Lemming's #73 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(5) All-American defensive end/linebacker Shawn Crable (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 225 lbs., 4.74 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 2.8 GPA/15 ACT) from Massillon, Ohio, Washington. He attended the Michigan/Washington game. His official visits are: USC Dec. 6 (he had a great visit), Michigan December 13th, and Miami December 20. Then in Jauuary it will be Pitt (where friend and former teammate Andy Allman plays; he made an unofficial visit there Nov. 29) and Ohio State. He is Tom Lemming's #59 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(6) All-American linebacker Fred Sparkman (6-1, 216 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.6 GPA/19 ACT) from Columbia, Tenn., Central. On Nov. 28 he told us, "I got an offer from Michigan in a letter in the mail recently ... I have relatives in Flint, and we've visited them there." As far as visits: "I'm going to North Carolina (considered the leader) on January 10 (a change), and to South Carolina January 17th." He may visit Arkansas. This season Sparkman recorded 122 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, and six sacks; at fullback, Sparkman rushed for 1,210 yards with 12 touchdowns; he also had three kickoff returns for touchdowns. He is Tom Lemming/Prep Football Reports' #78 prospect.
(7) All-American ‘athlete' Prescott Burgess (2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 220 lbs., 4.59 in the 40 at the OSU Camp, 3.0 GPA/15 ACT) from Warren, Ohio, Harding. This will be a Thurs.-Sat. visit because he has a basketball game. This one still looks like a Michigan OSU (Dec. 6 official visit) battle, but he told us that he will also visit Tennessee and Florida as well as Notre Dame. He made an unofficial visit to Michigan for the Washington game. He is The Insiders' #13 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(8) Running back/linebacker Tony Hunt (6-2, 225 lbs., Maryland camp stats: 4.52 in the 40, 28 reps of 185 lbs., 33-inch vertical jump) from Alexandria, Vir., T. C. Williams, Hunt visited USC Nov. 29 with his coach (a Trojan alum) and made a 'soft' commitment. He is also considering PSU (the TC Williams AD is the brother of PSU coach Larry Johnson). For the season he rushed for 1100 yards (on 200 carries) and 12 touchdowns.
(9) Linebacker Michael Brown (6-3 1/2, 220 lbs., 4.8 in the 40) from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. This season Brown made 112 tackles for his 6-3 team. He already visited Virginia Tech (his leader) on Nov. 29, and he will also visit NC State.
Postponed to January visits:
(1) All-American offensive lineman Mike Jones (tentative date may be Jan 17, 6-5, 305 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Oak Lawn, Ill., Richards. He attended the Michigan-PSU game; he also attended a Michigan spring practice. His other visits are to Notre Dame (Dec. 6, his brother played for Notre Dame), Iowa Dec. 13, and Tennesee Jan. 10 or 17. He is The Insider's #29 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(3) All-American linebacker/defensive end Turk McBride (tentative date may be Jan 10, 6-4, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.2 GPA/780 SAT) from Camden, New Jersey, Woodrow Wilson. He is TheInsiders' #34 prospect. He has visited Tennessee (Oct. 26) and Ohio State (Nov. 23 for the U-M game), and is visiting Iowa Dec. 13 -- and Miami (Jan. 17) may be his favorite.
(3) Still playing in his high school playoffs: All-American wide receiver/athlete Steve Smith (tentative date may be Jan 17, 6-1, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40) from Woodland Hills, California, Taft. His other visits are Texas (Oct. 4), USC, Tennessee (Nov. 9), and Notre Dame (Nov. 22, postponed) ... that said, USC is probably the fav, with Tennessee 2nd. For the season he recorded 65 catches for 1,100 yards and 9 touchdown's; on defense five interceptions. He is The Insiders' #46 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Note: this list will be posted in the "Spotlight Section" at the bottom of the main page.
GoBlueWolverine.com Recommended Stories
Mistakes Cost Michigan Points in Loss
Michigan’s offense has failed to find a rhythm all season long and Saturday in a 23-16 loss to Maryland, it was no different. The Wolverines could’ve helped themselves with some big plays but…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
Hackett: ‘We’re not where we need to be’
Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett met with media prior to the Wolverines final home game with Maryland Saturday. Hackett addressed several issues including his evaluation of Coach Brady…Read More
Hoke: 'We're Disappointed'
VIDEO: Brady Hoke addresses the media after Michigan's 23-16 loss to Maryland Saturday.Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More