At a press conference at his school at 2:30 PM EST, Super quarterback Clayton Richard has announced…
Michigan's Ten Verbal Commitments
This list can also be found in the "Spotlight Section" at the bottom of the main page.
As of December 13, 2002
1. Quarterback Sam Keller (Dec. 13 official visit, 2001 Michigan camper, 6-4, 205 lbs., 4.85 in the 40) from Danville, Calif., San Ramon Valley. His best rating is as Rivals100's #9 pro-style quarterback. This season he was 210-333 (63%) for 3,282 yards, 38 touchdowns and five interceptions...he also ran for two touchdowns. For his career over 35 games, he was 485-828 (59%) for 7,357 yards, 79 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
2. Running back/safety Anton Campbell (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camp visitor, 6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 330-lb. bench press, 36-inch vertical jump, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from O'Fallon, Missou., Fort Zumwalt West. He made an unofficial visit for the PSU game. For the season for the 8-3 Fort Zumwalt West Jaguars Campbell rushed for 1,175 yards (6.2 yards per carry) and 20 touchdowns; on defense he recorded 82 tackles, six interceptions and eight pass breakups. He is Tom Lemming's #82 prospect, and is on the final roster of the Jan. 03 US Army All Star game.
3. All-American offensive lineman Jake Long (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East. He is TheInsiders.com's #79 prospect.
4. Tight end/offensive lineman Adam Kraus (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin. He made an unofficial visit for the Nov. 16 Wisconsin game. He is Tom Lemming's #204 prospect. New Orleans Brother Martin finished the season 5-5. Kraus played tight end for a wing-T (running) offense.
5. All-American Linebacker Jim Presley (Dec. 13 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 215 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.06 in the shuttle; 30.3 inch vertical jump, 18 bench press reps of 185 lbs. ... 10.8 100 meters, 375-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/19 ACT) from , Highland, Mich., Milford High. For the season for 8-2 Milford, Presley had 88 tackles, 16 sacks and 10 tackles for loss; on offense he had 1,264 yards rushing (7.5 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns He is TheInsiders.com's #92 prospect.
6. Place kicker Garrett Rivas (Sept. 31 visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 5-9, 180 lbs.) from Tampa, Fla., Jesuit. He committed during the visit. He has been named the East team kicker in the US Army All-Star game in January.
7. All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul Will Paul (Dec. 13 official visit, 2002 Michigan camp visitor, MSU Nike stats: 6-4, 255 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He attended the Sept. 28 U-M?Illinois game - at Illinois - and committed to Michigan the next day. He is on the final roster of the Jan. 03 US Army All Star game. He is TheInsiders' #36 prospect.
8. Offensive lineman Pat Sharrow (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 390-lb. bench press, 3.6 GPA) from Monroe, Michigan. He offered him a scholarship, and he committed at his official visit. Michigan had been Sharrow's favorite for a year+ now. He is an excellent good long-snapper, and may very well play that role for U-M. He told yours truly, "I will be trained at guard and center at Michigan." He made an unofficial visit for the Washington game and the Michigan spring game; in the fall of 2001 he visited for almost all of Michigan's home games.
9. All-American quarterback Clayton Richard (Nov. 15 official visit, 6-5, 225 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 4.0 GPA/1340 SAT) from Lafayette, Ind., McCutcheon. His best rating is as Tom Lemming's #27 prospect. He made an official visit for the Nov. 16 Wisconsin game, and committed at a press conference on Dec. 9. This season he threw for 2,920 yards, and he finished his high school career with 10,764 yards and 92 touchdowns in four seasons.
10. All-American Cornerback Leon Hall (Jan. 10 official visit may be moved up, USC Nike Stats: 5-11, 175 lbs., 4.42 in the 40, 4.19shuttle, 33 inch vertical jump) from Vista, Calif. On Dec. 11 his head coach emailed us that Hall told Michigan assistant coach Brady Hoke that he is picking Michigan. For the season (going into the Dec. 14 Div. 1 SoCal championship game for 10-2 Vista) Hall has 22 catches as a receiver, and 46 tackles and two interceptions as a cornerback. He is The Insiders' #78 prospect.
GoBlueWolverine.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 8 Strategy
Should you keep Fred Jackson or cut him? Should you cut Zac Stacy or trade him? Each team requires its own strategy based on different circumstances and Dr. Roto does his best to clarify your…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More
10 Rules For Night Shift Walleyes
Autumn walleye anglers turn their bows toward the launch ramp as the sun sets and evening temperatures begin to fall. That’s when Steve DeZurik begins his fishing shift.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
The Haunted History of the White House
The Executive Mansion isn't just home to the First Family. It's also home to a variety of...ghosts.Read More