Saginaw's Super linebacker Lamarr Woodley was one of several top recruits making unofficial visits…
Super Recruits Spotted At The Wisconsin Game
Speaking of 'that Indiana quarterback': I happened to run into Super quarterback Clayton Richard (Nov. 15 official visit, 6-5, 225 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 4.0 GPA/1340 SAT) from Lafayette, Ind., McCutcheon briefly outside the stadium as well. About his ongoing official visit he said, "I'm having a blast." His host -- you could probably guess -- is freshman Jeremy Van Alstyne from Indiana. He was also spotted with the other Supers -- Woodley, and Long and Kraus (following).
Again outside the stadium, I also ran into Michigan commitments OL Jake Long (6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East and TE/OL Adam Kraus (6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin. The two were inseparable -- 'bookends' I'd say. BIG bookends. I said hi to Kraus and his parents just briefly in the parking lot and Adam said, "Jake and I are already best friends." They met and started hanging around each other this summer at the Michigan Camp.
- Also spotted: Fullback Arthur Boyd (6-3, 255 lbs., 3.4 GPA/qualified) from Shaker Heights, Ohio. He has been to home games in the past as well.
Many juniors were spotted as well, including:
- 'Athlete' Morgan Trent (6-0, 180 lbs., 4.4 in the 40) Orchard Lake St. Mary's. He is considered perhaps the #1 instate junior. He also attended the Iowa game.
- Junior offensive lineman Alex Mitchell (6-4, 300 lbs.) from Bay City Central. This was his 4th straight Michigan home game.
- Friends 'Athlete' Charles Stewart (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Farmington Hills, Mich., Harrison and lineman Dewayne Roland (6-3, 260 lbs.) from Southfield, Mich., Lathrup.
- Quarterback Bryan Hoyer (6-4, 180 lbs.) from Cleveland St. Ignatius.
- 'Athlete' David Brytus (6-0, 190 lbs.) from West Allegheny, Penn.
- Quarterback Brian Hildebrand (6-2, 190 lbs.) from Coruna, Calif.
- 'Athlete' Tyler Jones (6-0, 180 lbs.) fom Belleville, Mich.
GoBlueWolverine.com Recommended Stories
Mistakes Cost Michigan Points in Loss
Michigan’s offense has failed to find a rhythm all season long and Saturday in a 23-16 loss to Maryland, it was no different. The Wolverines could’ve helped themselves with some big plays but…Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Hackett: ‘We’re not where we need to be’
Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett met with media prior to the Wolverines final home game with Maryland Saturday. Hackett addressed several issues including his evaluation of Coach Brady…Read More
Hoke: 'We're Disappointed'
VIDEO: Brady Hoke addresses the media after Michigan's 23-16 loss to Maryland Saturday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- Webblog: Regarding the Hackett "News"
- SAM .... Listened to your show, as usual ... One question went
- Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks -- Week 14
- 3 and out.........(long)
- What I am hearing this week...