The South Carolina football team practiced twice on Thursday as they continued preparations for…
Spurrier talks bowl prep
The squad went through a two-hour morning workout and then gathered at Outback Steakhouse in Columbia for a team meal.
South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier met with the media after Wednesday morning's practice to give an update on the team's progress.
- Quarterback Connor Shaw is healthy and will be the starter in the bowl game. Spurrier said Shaw is running around the best he has in a long time. He said Dylan Thompson will see playing time in the bowl game.
- Spurrier said the team is having decent practices.
- Spurrier praised Michigan's defense. He said he has been watching a lot of tape and is very impressed with the Wolverines' front four. The head ball coach said the Gamecocks must play very well in order to win the game.
- Spurrier said he thought Lorenzo Ward did very well in his first season as defensive coordinator. He said Ward is developing into one of the best defensive coordinators in college football.
- Spurrier expects everyone to be academically eligible for the bowl game.
- When asked if former Gamecock quarterback Stephen Garcia would stop by and see the team in Tampa, Spurrier said he didn't know if he would or not. The team will be practicing at Garcia's former high school.
- Spurrier said there is a huge difference between 10 and 11 wins and hopes to accomplish another 11 win season.
GoBlueWolverine.com Recommended Stories
Mistakes Cost Michigan Points in Loss
Michigan’s offense has failed to find a rhythm all season long and Saturday in a 23-16 loss to Maryland, it was no different. The Wolverines could’ve helped themselves with some big plays but…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Recap
Dr. Roto watched all of Sunday's action and has compiled for you a recap of all the Fantasy comings and goings. Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson (pictured above) may have solidified himself as the team…Read More
Hackett: ‘We’re not where we need to be’
Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett met with media prior to the Wolverines final home game with Maryland Saturday. Hackett addressed several issues including his evaluation of Coach Brady…Read More
Hoke: 'We're Disappointed'
VIDEO: Brady Hoke addresses the media after Michigan's 23-16 loss to Maryland Saturday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More